TowerThe tower is that of the original church and is attractive and unusual imparting a somewhat continental style to the church. It is capped by a section of circular design with carved bands around it and pierced by four pairs of Double Lancet windows. This is the Bell Chamber and above it rises a short spire. The two Church Bells cast by Messrs Mears & Stainbank bear the date of their instalment in 1872. The church clock made by J.Moore & Sons, of Clerkenwell, was presented in August 1877 by Mrs Brooke as a lasting memorial of her husband, Major-General Brooke, C.B.As we step through the main door we see a beautiful interior - all the windows except one are of clear glass - the ceiling is red, picked out in gold. The walls are painted in white and pink giving an impression of warmth and lightness which adds to the feeling of space.Oak MemorialOn this wall is an Oak Memorial bearing the Arms of the Diocese, Gonville and Caius College, Rickmansworth and the Mason family of Aldenham, with a list of the Vicars of the Parish. Also on this wall and the North wall are the stations of the Cross; they were put in place early in 1984. The pulpit between nave and aisle is of oak and was given in memory of Emma J Symons by a devoted sister; it replaced the stone pulpit which was damaged by enemy action in September 1940. On the pillar alongside is a brass memorial which commemorates the ministry of the Revd. Astley Roberts, who guided the Church through its first quarter of a century.ChancelThe Chancel is dominated by the tall windows which look down from behind the High Altar. On the wall below is a modern reredos in memory of Dorothea and Irene Hall by F.J.Spencer Hall, 1974. On either side of the altar are two tall bronze seven-branched candelabraEast WindowTo the north of the chancel is the Lady Chapel with its beautiful blue ceiling: its east window is coloured (the only one in the church), and shows us Christ with His crown and orb in majesty with many blue winged cherubs around Him.The original window was designed and painted by the Revd. Alleyne Higgs Barker, who was vicar of Rickmansworth, from 1853 to 1884. He presented this window to All Saints' in 1872 but it was destroyed by enemy action in September 1940.In 1933 Miss.H.L.Greenfield had left a legacy for the purchase of a stained glass window, it was delivered in December 1939 and was thought to be the last stained glass window completed after the War had started. Throughout the War it was stored in the basement of the Vicarage. When the Church was finally rebuilt after the War this window was put into place. Below the window is the Altar, above and to the left is a small single lancet window, the carved silver aumbry was given in 1953 in memory of Winifred Pearce.Two standard candlesticksThe two standard candlesticks placed either side of the Lectern are in memory of Raymond Yorke who fell in the Second World War.The Bishop's ChairThe Bishop's Chair was bought through voluntary donations in memory of Louis Horton who died in July 1983. He joined the Choir as a tenor in 1948, became Choirmaster in 1953 and retired in 1978. During this time he did so much to keep his boys occupied with outings, Cathedral Courses and the Angel Choir. Above all else he maintained the tradition of Choral Music at All Saints'.Known to all as Lou but remembered by all his boys as "Sir", the Chair was dedicated to his memory by the Bishop of St. Albans, John Taylor, on February l2th, 1984. Subsequently the tapestry seat was embroidered by members of the Mothers Union, incorporating his initials L.F.H.OrganWe know little or nothing about the first organ except that in the parish accounts for the two years ending Easter 1874, mention is made of a payment to the organist and the organ blower. In a report with accounts for 1875 - 1876 the choir is mentioned. At a vestry meeting held on April 3rd 1877, a vote of thanks was expressed to Mr. Southey for the valuable assistance he had rendered in training the choir and arranging the musical portion of the services. So I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Southey may well have been our first organist.Over the years the organ had deteriorated and a farthing fund was started. Bun pennies were also collected. Although some legacies helped it along, the fund grew very slowly but then in September 1940 the organ was virtually destroyed by enemy action. All Saints was one of the worst-damaged churches in the diocese and when Christ Church, Luton, was given a new organ their old one was given to All Saints for the cost of transport and erection. In November 1943 it is reported that three pantechnicons had arrived and it states that whilst the organ was still in parts some pews on the north side would be out of use. Work proceeded and was virtually completed in December 1944, just in time for Christmas. Now because of its size it was built at the west end of the church, just inside the main door. There it stayed until 1971, when it was dismantled. Some parts were used for the new organ, which was in place in the original organ chamber by Christmas 1971. In 1986 the weather vane had to be renovated and the organ needed rebuilding so an appeal was launched for £15,000. The weather vane was put back in its rightful place in January 1987. Meanwhile, work had started on the organ and was carried out by a Mr M. Groom, some five months were required, not surprising as there is a total of 1,620 pipes in this organ! In June 1987 an inaugural recital was given by Nicolas Kynaston, former organist of Westminster Cathedral OrganMemorialsThe Lady Chapel and the wide aisle are separated by a pointed arch which with its Early English grace, is in direct contrast to the rather massive rounded pillars that are a feature of the church elsewhere. On the return wall below this arch is a memorial to Leslie and Nigel Newall, the elder and younger sons of Mr & Mrs W.Newall of Redheath in the parish of Croxley (a home designed by Christopher Wren; it is now a private school); both these young men fell in the First World War.Near here are several other memorial plates including one to the Woolrych family, who came here to worship from Croxley House and Parrotts Farm. This family was much involved with the building of this church. Another plate is to the memory of Charles Barton Smith, he was mill manager of John Dickinson's paper mill in Croxley and church warden for 29 years. At the west end of this aisle is the font which is very simple, with little carving to spoil the lines of its four legs and stone base. (I have no doubt that this is original). Close by is the children's corner which is always bright and is in memory of Mildred May Stanford (formerly head mistress of the Girls' School, Yorke Road) who died on September l6th 1930.Compiled by Norman Spring.We would like to thank all of those who have helped in the compilation of this article, not only members of the congregation but also Hertfordshire County Records and Watford Library..